Lexcel is designed to be a driver of competitive advantage and in an increasingly competitive and diverse legal market, it is essential that your practice offers clients clear and distinctive assurance of quality. Attaining the Lexcel Standard can help you differentiate your firm’s services, reduce costs, improve profitability, and assist regulatory compliance.
- With ever-increasing competitive forces and client demands, it’s vital to manage the quality and delivery of legal services. A quality management system demonstrates commitment and an ability to consistently deliver services that meet client expectations, improve overall satisfaction and assist regulatory compliance.
- Designer specifically for the legal sector, Lexcel is the Law Society’s Standard for excellence in practice management and client care. It provides a flexible, supportive management framework to help practices develop consistent operational efficiencies and client service, manage risk effectively, reduce costs and promote profitability.
- Lexcel defines quality management procedures in seven areas: structure and strategy, financial management, information management, people management, risk management, client care, and file and case management.
- Achieving accreditation involves the submission of an application form and subsequent assessment by an independent assessment body. Lexcel accreditation is awarded for three years, and annual re-accreditation and monitoring visits to ensure continued compliance.
- Practices are required to achieve and maintain the stated requirements in the Standard. The independent assessment process validates that these have been met.
- Lexcel is owned and managed by the Law Society of England and Wales. This includes developing the Standard and associated products, administration and review of all applications, overseeing the assessment process and promoting the scheme. Except where specific franchise agreements are in place, the Law Society of England and Wales is the only body authorised to award Lexcel accreditation.
Brethertons LLP say that as a result of their participation in Lexcel: “Our overall complaints have reduced by 68.2%. (and) our annual turnover has increased by 27.5%."