The AQS assessment process is simple, transparent and does not intrude on your every-day working practices.
Step 1: Submitting your Application Form
- When you are ready to apply for the AQS, you should complete and submit the AQS Application Form and supporting policies and procedures
- The Application Form is your contract to proceed with the AQS assessment process and triggers the allocation of your AQS Assessor
Step 2: Desktop Audit
- By reviewing your policies and procedures your Assessor will determine alignment against AQS requirements and produce a formal positioning report
- The report will set out any corrective actions and/or omissions which you will be expected to address before your on-site assessment takes place
Step 3: On-Site Assessment
- The on-site assessment visit needs to take place within 60 days of the Desktop Audit There is a separate fee for the desk top audit (for assessment fees please see out Pricing Schedule on our Application Documentation page)
- The on-site assessment will be for at least a day and your Assessor will need to speak to members of the advice team as well as the person responsible for the advice service
- N.B. It is important that these staff are available during the on-site assessment and you should take this into consideration when booking your assessment
- The Assessor will produce a report which may include further corrective actions which you must address within 28 days in order to achieve accreditation
Step 4: Corrective Actions
- You must complete the corrective actions identified and send evidence required back to the assessor (usually by email) within the specified timescale of 28 days
- All assessment reports are finally signed off by the Advice Services Alliance at which point the Advice Quality Standard is awarded
Step 5: Accreditation
- Celebrate your success! You will be given access to the AQS logo which you are encouraged to display on your website and within your promotional material
- Share your success with Recognising Excellence and the Advice Service Alliance; please feel free to send us photographs of your celebration event and we’ll include this in the quarterly ASA newsletter
Step 6: The Monitoring Review Assessment
- The AQS award is made for a period of 2 years (24 months) and at the end of this period, the Advice Quality Standard will lapse (and with it the licence to use the logo)
- You are not subject to a desktop review at the Monitoring Review Assessment stage
N.B. In order to maintain AQS accreditation you are required to be reviewed every 2 years and your monitoring review assessment should not exceed your 2 year anniversary accreditation date.
Please contact AQS Team or call 01452 733510 to request an application pack.