The AQS was developed to specifically assure the quality of the service advice practitioners provide. Achieving the AQS demonstrates to your clients, funding providers, partners and external agencies that you provide a quality assured, robust and well-managed service.
The Standard also looks to ensure that advice services regularly review their services and develop a culture of continuous improvement; implementing strategies to meet client needs and changes within the sector both locally and nationally.
Key areas of the Standard include the following:
- Robust business planning and a cycle of review driven by client feedback and stakeholder consultation
- Effective access to your services
- How client's needs are met and supported
- How service delivery is monitored and reviewed
- How practitioners giving advice are supervised and supported
- How advice practitioners keep their knowledge up to date and participate in learning and development relevant to their role
- How you ensure your advice practitioners are giving good advice
- Provision for client and stakeholder feedback to engender a culture of continuous improvement