We are currently recruiting in the following areas:
Quality Assurance Specialist for MAPS funded Independent Quality Assessment Service-Debt and Money Guidance
Debt and Money Guidance
Recognising Excellence (RE) holds contractual responsibility with The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) to deliver an Independent Quality Assessment Service (IQAS) that will independently assess compliance with the FCA approved MaPS standards. MaPS has a statutory obligation under the Financial Guidance and Claims Act 2018 to monitor its own and MaPS’ delivery partners compliance with the MaPS Standards. This will be achieved through two separate workstreams.
• Organisation wide testing of the MaPS Standards
• Customer Facing Assessment of the MaPS Standards
These specialist service roles will assess compliance with the MaPS Standards across all MaPS’ outsourced funded service lines including Money Guidance and regulated Debt advice service providers. The IQAS programme will provide MaPS with assurance that the services it funds provide high quality information, advice, and guidance to customers.
Quality Assessors have a critical role in assessing the quality of advice delivered by MAPS funded organisations giving a fair, comprehensive, transparent assessment and providing constructive feedback for quality improvement.
Successful applicants will undergo a detailed training programme that equips them with the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully undertake the role.
We currently have a number of opportunities within the IQAS service for debt advice specialists who have experience current of delivering debt advice. These can be offered on either an employed or self-employed basis:
Salary and Benefits
- Full time employed – 37-hour week*
- Home-working model with all IT equipment necessary for the role supplied.
- Limited travel required restricted to training events and occasional meetings.
- Salary £35K
- Holiday entitlement – 27 days per annum plus public holidays
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Annual membership fee to the Institute of Money Advisers
*Part time applications will be considered
Continuous Professional Development
It is an essential requirement for this role that knowledge relating to the technical areas of debt advice remains current and up to date to ensure that the quality of the programme and assessment process remains credible. RE will provide an opportunity to ensure 16 CPD points are achieved .
Self-Employed Quality Assessor Contracted to RE on a self-employed basis, Quality Assessors will support the IQAS programme by undertaking assessment activities at regular intervals (usually weekly). Under the self-employed arrangement, individuals will identify their availability for assessments and deliver these activities within a defined service level agreement. It is expected that there will be regular participation with the work programme to ensure consistency within the assessment team.
Self-employed Assessors will be responsible for their own tax arrangements and professional indemnity insurance. Demonstration of current debt technical advice knowledge is essential and self-employed Assessors will be responsible for their own CPD activities to maintain technical knowledge and competency, which will be periodically monitored. Additional to technical competency, ongoing training, and quality monitoring specific to the IQAS programme will be managed centrally by Recognising Excellence.
Remuneration is paid on a fixed unit price per assessment activity, equivalent to £200* per day. *All training activities mandated by the Quality Assessor role will also be fully remunerated at the same level.
*Unit price averages circa £66.50 per assessment
Key Points of Note:
- Self-employed Assessors will be responsible for providing all IT equipment and the appropriate professional insurances required.
- It is an essential requirement for this role that technical debt advice knowledge remains current and up to date to ensure the quality of the assessment programme and credibility and technical accuracy of assessment findings. You will be responsible for maintaining your own CPD obligations to a minimum of 16 hours per year which will be periodically monitored by Recognising Excellence. Technical training is in addition to any training mandated by the quality programme.
- Where individuals are intending to support the Scheme via a freelance arrangement, there will be an expectation that an active caseload is maintained (minimum advice level), to be achieved via a part time employed role or volunteer arrangements.
Further information can be found in the following documents:
Closing Date for Applications: 24th November 2023
Completed application forms should be emailed to IQAS@recognisingexcellence.co.uk